When handling employment law matters, we have experience assisting both employers and employees.
For employers, we can assist you with:
- Drafting Employment Agreements
- Enforcement of Employment Agreements
- Business advice for re-structuring your company correctly
- Consultation before administering discipline to avoid litigation risk
- Genuine redundancy structuring
We have provided representation for our clients before the Industrial Relations Commission and have extensive experience with handling legal proceedings for all matters involving industrial relations. It is always recommended to consult an experienced solicitor when making changes that will affect your workforce.
For employees, we can assist you with:
- Reviewing your Employment Agreement to ensure it is fair
- Challenging or setting aside unfair contracts
- Reviewing your working conditions to ensure you are being treated correctly
- Unfair dismissal and breaches of the Employment Agreement
- Reviewing redundancies to determine whether you have received what you are entitled to.
If you believe you have been dismissed unfairly, it is best to contact us as soon as possible, as strict time limits apply to unfair dismissal claims.
In addition to employment relations, if you have been unfairly treated by a person (or a group) based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, country of origin, sexual preference, a physical or mental disability, disease, age or due to family responsibilities, then you have the right to commence legal proceedings against those responsible for the discrimination.
These situations often occur in the workplace – if you are currently experiencing discrimination, then it is recommended to seek the advice of an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.